With days passing by, digital payments are taking a high stand in the market, and people are happily opting for a future cashless economy to evolve. Various payment methods like credit cards, debit cards, payment apps like Google Pay, Apple Pay, and other services promote a cashless society.
These methods and applications simplify our lives and help the nation’s overall growth. Apple Pay is one among those hundreds of payment options that can be accessed by Apple users ( iPhone, iPad, and Macbook users).
In this article, we have primarily focused on whether Apple Pay is accepted at Kroger stores and have attached some other helpful information concerning the question itself. We hope the article helps make payments easier the next time you visit any Kroger store.
Let’s check out what this article has in store for you!
Does Kroger Take Apple Pay?
Unfortunately, Kroger does not accept Apple Pay for facilitating transactions at any of its stores. There are a limited number of payment platforms that Kroger approves of for ensuring successful payment.
However, the Kroger Pay app they developed can easily be installed on iPhones to execute payments seamlessly at self-checkouts and registers.
Even though a particular portion of the crowd visiting Kroger is quite unsatisfied due to the unavailability of the Apple Pay facility, Kroger Pay is doing its job quite impressively as its alternative. Instead, paying for groceries without being worried about carrying cash at all.
As an added benefit, the Kroger Pay app even provides multiple discount coupons to its customers, which can also be a budget-saving option.
Therefore, even though Kroger stores might not accept Apple Pay, other additional advantages can be availed from its other payment facilities.
Why Doesn’t Kroger Accept Apple Pay?
When Kroger made its first trial for Apple Pay in 2020, it was reported that no extraordinary interest was shown by its customers for the app’s availability. It has led them to discontinue using Apple Pay as one of their payment options.
However, Kroger came up with its payment system, named Kroger Pay, which turned out to be quite effective as it is an excellent choice for regular shoppers.
When will Kroger Start Accepting Apple Pay?
Sadly enough, no such timeline has been provided by Kroger for the time when Apple Pay shall be accessible as one of their payment options in their store outlets.
As an alternative, Kroger came up with its digital wallet, called Kroger Pay, for the easy and beneficial use of the customers that visit their stores.
How To Use Kroger Pay?
If you’re keen to use Kroger Pay as an alternative to Apple Pay, here are some guidelines that could help you do the same.
- First, you must register and create an account with the Kroger website.
- Next, download the Kroger Pay app on your device (iPhone/Android).
Now, you need to be aware that the Kroger Pay app isn’t acceptable in some stores and, thus, makes the app invalid in such locations. If that’s the same case for you, you will receive a notification about the unavailability of the payment method at your location.
Else, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- Next, set up your Kroger Pay account.
- Log in to your account using the same username and password you registered on the website earlier.
- Once the two platforms get linked, you will need to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or utilize biometric security to create a security authorization for yourself on the app. For biometric approval, either facial recognition or fingerprint shall work.
- Now you need to set your Shopping List to the Kroger store you usually visit. That’s your home store. The store can be located by navigating through the app’s home page.
- Now, once the previous steps are done, your account is ready.
- The next step is to attach or link your preferred payment method(s), like cards, banks, or even certain loyalty rewards cards.
- You can choose your preferred payment method from your account’s digital wallet option and set it as the default payment option.
- Now, when you check out, the app will withdraw money from that payment method.
You can opt for either a self-checkout lane or a cashier during checkout.
For self-checkout, before you can scan your item, you will need to scan the generated QR code on the app, which can be done by holding the screen over the item scanner. Once it is scanned, you can scan your items next.
On the other hand, if you opt for the cashier line, they will scan the items for you. The cashier carries out the rest of the procedure, and you need not worry about that!
Once the scanning process is done, you can add any type of coupon applicable to your purchase.
You’re all set to use Kroger Pay on your next shopping venture!
What Are Other Payment Methods Accepted At Kroger?
If you do not want to invest in the Kroger Pay membership, other payment methods are available at a Kroger store.
Kroger accepts some of the most used payment options used by the crowd. Like Apple Pay, a few major ones might be excluded, but many other benefits can be availed here. Let us check them out!
- All kinds of credit cards like Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted.
- The traditional method of payment is through cash or personal cheques.
- Scanning of the Quick Response (QR) code from the Kroger stores.
- WIC (Women, Infants, Children) card.
- SNAP/EBT cards.
Therefore, these methods mentioned above can be implemented to facilitate smooth payment procedures at Kroger stores.
Where Can I Use Kroger Pay?
Kroger Pay can be used as a medium for the transaction of payments in various in-store locations of the Kroger Family of Companies, which have contactless-enabled POS across the whole of the United States.
The app can also be used in-store at self-checkout, attendant lane, and at participating in-store pharmacy checkout, wine, beer, and other shops selling liquor.
However, we are afraid that Kroger Pay might still not be acceptable in Pharmacy drive-thru lanes, to some independent merchants, at Kroger Fuel Centers, and to some other non-Kroger stores. If you’re opting for pick-up and delivery, ensure that the restaurant or food outlet facilitates payment through Kroger Pay.
We understand that it is disappointing to find your most preferred payment option not available at a store. However, other effective methods we have discussed shall help you equally, if not more, in facilitating transactions at a Kroger store.
Kroger Pay has evolved to be a platform as influential as Apple Pay, and you should try it out to avail multiple discounts and other benefits exclusively for its customers!
Also Read: Does Target Accept Apple Pay?